The instant we become moms our focus and priority becomes all about our babies, and rightfully so. We love them so much and know they were given to us to love, nurture, and protect. Motherhood is the most important job in the world and we put all our focus and energy on learning to do it the best we can. While we’re getting our footing, we quickly realize that time for ourselves is limited. Goodbye long showers and gobs of time to get ready in the morning. We learn very quickly how to adjust and how to get ready in 5 minutes.I’ve learned a few beauty hacks over the years as a busy mom and I want to share them with you. These tips have worked for me and have saved me so much time. If you’re a new mom or a seasoned pro, there’s something in here for you!
- Embrace the ponytail, cool braids, and the topknot: Get fancy! I’m a self-taught topknot pro (read: Pinterest tutorial junkie), who has learned to do a topknot and stylish ponytail. When my boys were really little, I didn’t have time to blowout and style my hair everyday. Looking for alternative hairstyles has helped me to look more polished at school pick-up and at work. Check out this tutorial here.
- Face wipes. Love ’em, use ’em: Confession: one time I fell asleep with my makeup on after a long night (and day) with my newborn son, I woke up in a panic because I still had ALL my makeup on. As an Aesthetician, I know that sleeping with makeup on can cause breakouts and can suffocate the skin. To make my life easier and to remind myself to take of my makeup (no matter how tired I was), I decided to place face wipes on my nightstand. To this day, I currently have facial wipes on my nightstand and in my car. I love using them after the gym, to clean my son’s faces while on-the-go, and I sometimes use them as hand wipes. I love philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleaning Cloths (removes face and eye makeup!)
- Eyelash extensions: Time saver! If you’re a mascara junkie and feel naked not wearing it, this is a perfect beauty service for you. It saves you at least 10 – 15 minutes in the mornings and you look like you have mascara on as you run out the door. We offer this service at Lauren Snow Beauty and it is a popular service for busy gals and moms alike!
- Leg makeup is our friend: Maybe it’s because I’m a mom of two boys or maybe it’s just a result of having physically active kids in general? My boys are in sports and sometimes this mommy’s legs become a casualty. For example, a baseball hits your shin when you’re warming up with your son before a game because your husband is traveling for work and you’re what he has to work with. Or, you’re in a hurry trying to lace up hockey skates and one accidentally nicks your leg with the blade. Ouch! All true stories. Leg makeup comes in handy when you’re trying to wear shorts or a dress and you want to conceal any leg imperfections. My favorite is Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs.
- Dry shampoo: Dry shampoo is a life saver! It absorbs access hair oil and helps get you through another day without shampooing. It helps extend your hairstyle and it can also help create volume if you want to try a different style. Try my go-to Amika Dry Shampoo.
- Find a moisturizer with SPF: Save a step and protect your skin. The #1 cause of pre-mature aging is from sun damage. Be sure to protect your skin and your kiddos. Don’t leave home without it. To save an extra step in your skincare routine find a moisturizer and SPF. The key is to find one that is light weight and not greasy with at least an SPF 30. I love Rhonda Allison Daytime Defense SPF 30
- Lip & cheek color in one product: Multi-purpose products are awesome! It’s so easy to throw one product in your purse. Taking a makeup bag wasn’t a priority for me when I was packing a baby bag around to the zoo or on a playdate. My favorite multi-use product is a lip and cheek stick. I’m currently loving is Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in Moon Beach
- Express facials: It’s been so long since I’ve been able have a spa day. The thought of taking a full day to head the spa is just not feasible for me at this time in my life. However, I’m able to commit to a 30 minute express facial each month to maintain healthy skin. It’s a small commitment to myself. Plus, it’s a great way for me to unplug and to recharge in 30 minutes. It’s the best service for a busy momma! Come see us at my business or for a complimentary consultation. Click here.