Some years back, Spring Break meant Hawaiian Tropic, frozen concoctions, and a whole lot of girls squeezed into a hotel some place amazing like Key West or Rocky Point! Well, times have changed and now as moms we have turned into Cruise Directors, running the show for our little munchkins. For most of us East Valley girls with a modified year-round school schedule, that means TWO glorious weeks to plan for. Luckily, the weather is in our favor as this is Arizona’s time to shine!!! We’ve compiled a short list to keep you busy and even included some idea’s just for Mom because those days of lounging on the beach in neon were well…decades ago. More details on a number of these ideas can be found in our very own 2016 Spring Events in the East Valley Guide.
Spring Break 2016 Bucket List
AKA “CAMP MOM”
- Visit the Children’s Museum of Phoenix
- Pajama Day at Home
- Take in a Spring Training Game At Sloan Park
- Hit up the 28th Annual Chandler Chamber Ostrich Festival
- Cross off 10 items from the Spring Cleaning Checklist in our Spring Guide
- Do a Pinterest Inspired Footprint Craft
- Donate goods to Sojourner Center from their Wish List
- Unplug from all technology/television/social media for one day!
- Stop & Smell the Orange Blossoms!! Use coordinating coloring sheet!
- Visit a Splash Pad from last year’s EVMB Guide to East Valley Pools & Splash Pads
- Watch a Movie in the Backyard
- Create Sandwiches on A Stick
- Work on Memorizing Mom’s Phone Number!
- Give all plastic toys a Bubble Bath
- Make Stomp Paintings with Bubble Wrap
- Rock out to this ridiculously good Spring Break Playlist
- Try out a Free Orange Theory Fitness Class
- Watch & Execute a You Tube Makeup Tutorial
- Make a Playdate with friends you have seen since last summer!
- Binge House of Cards Season 4 on Netflix
Have an amazing Spring Break 2016!!! When you are out and about, use the hashtag #EVMBSpringBreak to let us know what you are up to!! We’d love to see what items you check off this Bucket List, and also gain some more inspiration from your personal “CAMP MOM” experiences!!!