Fall vibes are in the air! Are you enjoying the cooler evening temps as much as I am? Cooler whether gets me in the mood to heat things up in the kitchen. There is something so comforting about eating warm foods in the Fall. I thought I would share with you my favorite Healthy White Chili.
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 48 oz. chicken broth
- 16 oz. can black beans
- 1 C. frozen corn
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 1/2 T. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- Over medium heat, add olive oil and onion, cook until translucent. Add in ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Add in green chilies, cumin, cinnamon and black pepper. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Mash 1/3 cup of black beans (this thickens the broth) and stir into ground turkey mix. Pour in chicken broth, remaining beans and corn. Cook on low for 1 hour.
- I prefer making this the day before and reheating for meals. The flavor is so good the next day!