As an adult do you ever have those days, weeks, or months where you just stop and think, what am I doing with my life? I’ve been thinking this quite a bit over the last few months. It’s not that I feel unaccomplished, or sad about things, but I just don’t know what paths I want to keep going down, or things I want to pursue.
Why is being an adult so confusing?
Can I go back in time when the most I thought about was what I was going to wear that day to school? Where’s the Doc when you need him! Am I right?
As I’ve been thinking more and more about this, I started to realized that maybe I just really don’t know myself anymore. Maybe I’m so darn confused because I need to find myself again. That might make things less confusing if I knew what my own likes, and dislikes are. I spend so much time trying to figure out everyone else’s that I never put myself in the front.
To answer my own question: why is being an adult so confusing?
Right now, I haven’t taken time for self reflection, I never ask myself questions or take the time to figure out what I want.
I feel its okay to be confused now and then but I have 12 questions I want to answer for myself. I hope that these questions will help me figure some things out and can help someone else too.
- What do I love most about myself?
- How can I show myself more love?
- What is something I love doing even when I am tired or rushed? Why?
- What do I need to let go of?
- What am I most grateful for right now?
- What do I want my legacy to be?
- What is one failure that turned into my greatest lesson?
- How do I add value to the world and those around me?
- How have I been getting in the way in achieving my goals?
- What is something that is true for me no matter what?
- What makes me feel nourished on all levels? ( mind, body, spirit)
- What is my top goal right now? What is the first step to get there?