My girls started school this past Monday (July 25th). First of all, its totally crazy how early they start, and second it couldn’t have started soon enough. 🙂
As the summer started to end and school got closer and closer, I started getting the “feelings”. Have you heard of the stages of grief, yes? Well, I like to call what I was going through as Back to School Grief.
- My kids are still babies, right? They aren’t old enough to go off on their own. Definitely not old enough to be in school. I swear they were just born last year. Nope, this is not happening. I.can.not.
- What if they don’t like their teacher? What if I don’t like their teacher? What if they don’t have any friends in class, or they fall, or sit alone at lunch, or the teacher calls on them and they don’t know an answer. What if they miss me too much?
- Online school is sounds pretty good right now. Better yet, I can just keep them half the day and have them only be at school for a few hours. I’m sure the school will go for that. They’ll want stay home if I promise them candy or maybe a new tablet to sweeten the deal?
- Just thinking of all the amazing things they’ll get to experience give me goosebumps! They’ll make friends, learn things they wouldn’t dare try and learn from me and they’ll be out of the house! It could be peaceful and a nice break from the daily fighting. Yes! This could be good!
- I love my children, and they are ridiculously excited and can’t wait for school, so, they need to spread their wings and get the heck out of my house. I mean that in the best way possible. Everything will be alright, we got this.
I go through the stages quite a few times leading up to the first day of school. All in all, I am glad my children love school right now, and have no issues returning and I’m the one with the issues.
I hope the first day of school for your little ones are amazing!
We did it, we made it through summer!!